For Medicare or the Department of Veterans Affairs to process your claims, Medicare needs to have your provider number linked to a Minor Id and your bank account. ACSS Health will issue you with a minor id, think of it like a customer number we issue you with. This is a process required by Medicare not ACSS.
To link a provider number to a Minor ID:
- If you are already sending claims electronically to medicare (perhaps you are using existing software)
- Completing a banking form
- If you are not currently sending claims electronically to medicare (you have not starting billing yet or you send claims by paper or via the proda website)
- Completing a provider agreement
How long does it take for this form to get processed? (either the banking form or the provider agreement)
It takes medicare approx 2-3 weeks from when they receive the paperwork. We request you:
- Send us the paperwork
- We send it to Medicare on your behalf
- Then we call Medicare after 4 business days to confirm they received the paperwork and have added it to their queue.
That’s right, they have a queue of about 2-3 week of paperwork to get through.
But I already send claims to Medicare and get paid? They already have my bank account, do I still need to complete the above and wait 2-3 weeks?
Yes, unfortunately you do. The reason is, ACSS Health must issue you with a new Minor ID. So we need to link your provider number/s to this new Minor ID.
To send claims to Medicare/DVA or the health funds, you will need the following about the patient:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Gender (only if a DVA claim)
- Medicare number or DVA number
- Health fund name (only if health fund claim)
- Health fund membership number (only if health fund claim)
You will also need the following about each claim:
- Date of service
- Item number/s
- Referring doctor details (if applicable)
- Referring doctor first and last name
- Referring doctor provider number
- Referral date
- Referral period e.g 3 months, 12 month or the referring doctor type GP or Specialist
Our Sales Team will work with you get the import file in the correct format.